Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Theron lied about dad!


Charlize Theron used to lie to people about her father’s death. The Monster actress was just 15 when her alcoholic, abusive dad returned to their home near Johannesburg, South Africa, and started firing bullets through the locked front door shouting, “I’m going to kill you.” As the teenage Charlize cowered in a bedroom, her mother picked up a gun and shot her husband dead in what courts later ruled was an act of self defence. Charlize, now 33, said, “Everything changed for me the day my father died. Years ago, I used to cover it all up and say he died in a car accident. I have now come to terms with it and have been able to move on. This was so long ago... and my life, my emotions and the pain are not stuck in this one event.” Charlize admits her father’s death was traumatic, but insists it hasn’t had a negative effect on her life. She added, “It happened 18 years ago. Since then I’ve had a complete, full life and if I’ve been living the past 18 years because of one event that happened in my life, someone should put a gun to my head and put me out of my misery, because that’s a waste of my life. I am 33 and I have had a much bigger life than that one event.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flight of the Conchords - 468x60