Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Natalie Imbruglia’s plane jumping saga - TERRIFYING FUN

Guess what Torn singer Natalie Imbruglia did to get over her divorce with rocker Daniel Johns? Jumped off an airplane. The hollywood singer said that though her friends thought she was ‘completely nuts’ when she agreed, she was delighted as the experience helped her overcome all her fears — even though at the time, she was terrified she would die. She said, “Jumping out of a plane is an excellent way to get over a divorce. After breaking up with my husband I felt I should do something that would give me a new lease of life. My friend Jack Osbourne asked me if I wanted to take part in his TV show and I jumped at the chance. I was terrified at the prospect, but once I’d done it, I realised that I was capable of taking on any challenge.”

This, however, isn’t her only terrifying experience. Speaking to a magazine she said, “The hardest challenge was climbing Mount Fable in Alberta, Canada. It was meant to be a five-hour climb, but it took me 11 hours. Worst was when I found myself in the middle of an electric cloud. The feeling was so extreme, I felt like I was touching my own death. I was convinced I was going to be electrocuted. Then the film crew shouted, ‘Sit on your bag. It’s made of rubber. It’ll protect you.’ The whole climb was sheer terror, but it was worth it to get to that summit. I realised I’d gone beyond fear and that nothing could ever be so scary again. It was a life-changing experience for me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flight of the Conchords - 468x60